Eating meals together has the potential to strengthen family bonds as it provides a daily time for the whole family to be together.
Regular family meals are good for children and for the family as a whole!.
- For younger children, routine family meals can provide a sense of security and a feeling of belonging in the family.
- Set a goal each week (ex. 2 times for this week)
- Meals don’t have to be elaborate. Simple can be best.
- Family meals contribute a lot to helping the kids and bringing the family together. So no matter how busy you are.Children set roots for a lifetime as they experience their family’s values and traditions.
- Turn off the TV, cell phones, and videogames while Family meals.
- With the hassles and stress of life, it’s good to sit down with the family to eat and talk together.
- Eating together provides better nutrition.
- Family meals provide nutrients that kids need to grow strong and healthy, such as calcium, fiber and iron.
- Eating together helps prevent weight problems.
- Children and teens are less likely to be overweight since they learn to eat healthful meals.
- Kids that are involved by setting the table, and clearing the dishes learn important skills.
- Teens who regularly eat dinner as a family are less likely to take drugs, drink alcohol, or smoke tobacco.
- Eating together saves time and money.
- Eating a home-cooked meal can be faster than driving to a restaurant, ordering, eating/ and driving home.
- Eating together is enjoyable!
- Laughter at the table makes mealtime fun!