Are you struggling to lose weight? Want to burn calories without any effort, improve your energy levels and feel healthier at the same time? For most of us, losing weight is like a Goa trip that never happens. Well, you can get into shape without any crash diet. Wondering how? Just follow these 6 simple steps while you’re at work and shed those extra kilos:
1. Choose Stairs Over The Lift– Use stairs at work instead of waiting in a long queue for the lift. It not only helps to burn calories, but also keeps your heart healthy and strengthens your legs. Start with little steps and train yourself to do one extra flight per week.
2. Stay Hydrated – The best way to lose weight is to drink at least 8-9 glasses of water in a day, even if you don’t feel thirsty. Flavor it with lemon, Glucon D or honey if you need to. Try to drink warm water, or water at room temperature rather than having it chilled to aid in digestion. Eating high-water-content fruits and vegetables can also serve the purpose. They contain a low amount of calories and keep your stomach full and satisfied.
3. Keep Yourself Moving – It’s a fact that we burn more calories while moving rather than being stationary. Sitting too much on the chair can hurt back, knees and slow down metabolism. Take a brisk walk for at least 5 minutes. It not only helps to regulate food intake but also lowers fatigue, refreshes your mood, maintains blood circulation and gives rest to your eyes.
4. Ditch Coffee and Stock Up on Green Tea – Feeling stressed? Swap Coffee for Green Tea or Herbal Tea and get your caffeine boost, which has antioxidants and helps you balance water weight, boosts metabolism and weight loss. It could also be beneficial for the skin as it prevents signs of aging.
5. Count Your Steps – Keep a track of your steps while walking. Aiming for at least 10,000 steps in a day may help you lose your weight and help to get back in shape. Get yourself a pedometer and start measuring those steps.
6. Track Calories & Weight – Stay on track to lose weight with a Digital Scale. Set weekly goals to ensure you’re staying active and compare it with a past tracking sheet.
Your health, your choices! Now, it’s up to you what you choose to live a healthy life. Do comment and tell us how this article helped you stay on track with your weight loss goals while working those insane hours.